This Website collects some Personal Data about its Users.
Steadings Barn, Pury Hill Business Park
Tel.: 01280 814500
Fax: 01280 825460
Data Controller’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Type of Data collected
The Personal Data collected by this website, independently or via third parties, includes: email address, first name, surname, company/practice name, practice group, veterinary number/details, cookies and usage data.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User or, for Usage Data, collected automatically when this website is used.
If not specified otherwise, all the Data requested by this Website is compulsory. If the User refuses to provide it, this Website might not be able to provide the Service. Where this Website indicates that some Data is optional, Users are free not to provide this Data, without this having any impact on the availability of the Service or how it operates.
Users who have any doubts about which Data is compulsory should contact the Data Controller.
Users are responsible for the Personal Data of third parties obtained, published or shared via this Website, and confirm that they have the right to communicate or distribute it, releasing the Data Controller from any responsibility in relation to third parties.
How and where the Data collected is processed
How it is processed
The Data Controller takes appropriate security measures designed to prevent unauthorised access to, or the disclosure, modification or destruction of Personal Data.
Data is processed using computer and/or telecom tools, with organisational methods and logic strictly related to the purposes indicated. As well as the Data Controller, in some cases, other parties involved in the organisation of this Website (administrative, sales, marketing and legal staff, as well as systems administrators) or external parties (such as providers of third-party technical services, postal operators, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies) might have access to the Data. If necessary, they will be appointed as Data Processors by the Data Controller. The up-to-date list of Data Processors can be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
Legal basis for the processing
The Data Controller processes the User’s Personal Data if this fulfils one of the following conditions:
- the User has given their consent for one or more specific purposes; N.B.: in some systems, the Data Controller may be authorised to process Personal Data without the User’s consent or another legal basis specified below, until the User opts out of this processing. This does not apply however if the processing of Personal Data is governed by European legislation on the protection of Personal Data;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the User and/or the performance of precontractual measures.
- the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which the Data Controller is subject;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Data Controller;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by the Data Controller or third parties.
It is however always possible to ask the Data Controller to clarify the concrete legal basis for any processing, and in particular to specify whether the processing is based on law, stipulated by a contract, or necessary to perform a contract.
Data is processed at the Data Controller’s operating headquarters and at any other location where the parties involved in the processing are based. For more information, please contact the Data Controller.
The User’s Personal Data may be transferred to a different country from where the User is based. For more information about where Data is processed, the User can refer to the section on details about the processing of Personal Data.
The User has the right to find out about the legal basis for the transfer of Data outside the European Union or to an international organisation governed by public international law or made up of two or more countries, such as for example the UN, as well as about the security measures adopted by the Data Controller to protect the Data.
In the event of a transfer as described above, the User can refer to the relevant sections of this document, or ask the Data Controller for more information by contacting them using the contact details at the beginning of this document.
The Data is processed and stored for the time required for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Personal Data collected for reasons connected to the performance of a contract between the Data Controller and the User will be kept until the end of this contract.
- Personal Data collected for purposes attributable to the Data Controller’s legitimate interest will be kept until this interest is satisfied. The User can get more information about the legitimate interest pursued by the Data Controller in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Data Controller.
If the processing is based on the User’s consent, the Data Controller can keep the Personal Data for longer until this consent is revoked. Furthermore, the Data Controller may be obliged to keep the Personal Data for a longer period to comply with a legal obligation or an order issued by an authority.
At the end of the storage period, the Personal Data will be deleted. Therefore, at the end of this period, the right to access, delete or correct and the right to portability in relation to the Data can no longer be exercised.
Purposes of the Processing of the Data collected
The User’s Data is collected to allow the Data Controller to provide its Services, so for the following purposes: To contact the User, Registration and login and Statistics.
For more detailed information about the purposes of the processing and about the Personal Data actually used for each purpose, the User can refer to the relevant section of this document.
Details about the processing of Personal Data
The Personal Data is collected for the following purposes, and by using the following services:
– To Contact the User
Mailing List or Newsletter (This Website)
By signing up to the mailing list or newsletter, the User’s email address is automatically added to a list of contacts to whom email messages can be sent containing information, including sales and promotional information, about this Website. The User’s email address may also be added to this list as a result of signing up to this Website, or after making a purchase.
Personal Data collected: email address.
Contact form (This Website)
By filling in their details in the contact form, the User consents to their use to respond to requests for information or for any other reason indicated in the header of the form.
Personal Data collected: email address and name.
– Registration and login
By registering or logging in, the User gives their consent for the Website to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
Depending on the information below, the registration and login services may be provided with the help of third parties. If this happens, this website will be able to access some of the Data kept by this third-party service used for registration or login.
Direct registration (This Website)
The User registers by filling in the registration form and giving their Personal Data directly to this Website.
Personal Data collected: Address, company name, country, email address, fax number, first name, postcode, province, state, surname, telephone number and town/city.
The services included in this section allow the Data Controller to monitor and analyse traffic data, and are used to keep track of the User’s behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google uses the Personal Data it collects to track and analyse the use of this Website, generate reports and share them with other services developed by Google.
Google may use the Personal Data to contextualise and personalise advertisements from its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and usage Data.
Rights of the User
Users can exercise specific rights relating to the Data processed by the Data Controller.
In particular, the User has the right to:
- revoke their consent at any time.The User can revoke their previously given consent for the processing of their Personal Data.
- object to the processing of their Data.The User can object to the processing of their Data when it happens on a legal basis other than consent. More details about the right to object are provided in the section below.
- access their Data.The User has the right to get information about the Data processed by the Data Controller, about specific aspects of the processing, and to receive a copy of the Data processed.
- check and request rectification.The User can check the accuracy of their Data, and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- request the restriction of the processing.When certain conditions are fulfilled, the User can request the restriction of the processing of their Data. In this case, the Data Controller will not process the Data for any purpose other than storage.
- have their Personal Data deleted or removed.When certain conditions are fulfilled, the User can request the deletion of their Data by the Data Controller.
- receive a copy of their Data, or have it transferred to another data controller.The User has the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where technically feasible, to have it transferred without hindrance to another data controller. This provision applies when the Data is processed using automated tools and the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract to which the User is a party, or on contractual measures connected to it.
- lodge a complaint.The User can lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority or engage in legal proceedings.
Details about the right to object
When Personal Data is processed in the public interest, or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Data Controller, or to pursue the Controller’s legitimate interest, Users have the right to object to the processing for reasons connected to the particular situation.
Users should be aware that, if their Data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, they can object to the processing without providing any reason. To find out whether the Data Controller processes data for the purposes of direct marketing, Users can refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
To exercise their rights, Users can send a request using the Data Controller’s contact details provided in this document. Requests are submitted free of charge and are processed by the Data Controller as quickly as possible, and in any case within one month.
More information about processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used by the Data Controller in legal proceedings, or in preparation for such proceedings in their defence against any abuse of this Website or associated Services by the User.
The User declares that they are aware that the Data Controller may be obliged to reveal the Data by order of the public authorities.
System logs and maintenance
For purposes relating to operation and maintenance, this Website and any third-party services used by it may collect system logs, which are files that store interactions and may also contain Personal Data, such as the User’s IP address.
Information not included in this policy
More information about the processing of Personal Data may be requested at any time from the Data Controller using the contact details.
Response to <Do Not Track> requests
This Website does not support <Do Not Track> requests.
To find out if any third-party services used support them, Users should refer to their respective privacy policies.
If the changes relate to processing where the legal basis is consent, the Data Controller will request the User’s consent once again, if necessary.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Personal Data includes any information which, directly or indirectly, even if it is combined with any other information, including a personal identification number, identifies a natural person, or makes them identifiable.
This is information collected automatically via this Website (as well as by third-party websites integrated in this Website), including: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the User signing into this Website, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses, the time of the request, the method used to send the request to the server, the size of the file sent in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s response (success, error etc.), the home country, the characteristics of the browser and operating system used by the visitor, the different time details of the visit (for example the time spent on each page) and details of the route taken within the Website, with particular reference to the sequence of pages consulted, the settings of the operating system and the IT environment used by the User.
The individual who uses this Website who, unless specified otherwise, is also the Data Subject
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Processor)
Data Controller (or Controller)
The natural or legal person, public authority, service or other body that, individually or with others, determines the purposes and processes for the processing of personal data and the tools used, including the security measures for the operation and use of this Website. Unless specified otherwise, the Data Controller is the owner of this Website.
The hardware or software through which Users’ Personal Data is collected and processed.
The Service provided by this Website as defined in the relevant terms (if present) of this website/website.
European Union (or EU)
Unless specified otherwise, any reference to the European Union in this document refers to all the current members of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Small pieces of data stored within the User’s device.
Last modified: 11 Dec 2019